YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR(S)
Archdiocese of Armagh
(3 Year Fixed-Term Contract subject to 1 Year Probationary Period)
Job Title Youth Ministry Coordinator
Location(s) Northern Ireland (Counties Armagh, East Tyrone, South Derry); & County Louth
Starting Salary £24,982 (or Euro equivalent)
Responsible to The Archbishop of Armagh or delegate
Purpose of Post The Youth Ministry Coordinator will work with the Diocesan Pastoral Team and be responsible for implementing the youth ministry element in the Diocesan Pastoral Plan. He/she will work with parishes and pastoral areas to meet the goals of the Archdiocese of Armagh Youth Commission’s (ADYC) Strategic Plan 2019 – 2024 “Encourage, Enable and Empower”. The Plan reaches out to all young people in the Archdiocese to provide faith formation and to enable the development of peer ministry. This will involve developing a wide range of network communications with parishes, families, schools, and community organisations.
· Accompanying, developing, advising, and supporting young people and youth ministry volunteers at parish, pastoral area, and diocesan level.
· Communicating, on a regular basis, with the parishes and the pastoral areas, including assisting in the development of creative faith-based content and resources (visual, video, audio, print, etc) for distribution across digital, social and communication platforms.
· Assist in the development and management of a social, digital and communications strategy for Youth Ministry in the Archdiocese of Armagh.
· Fostering the involvement of young people in parish and diocesan life.
· Promoting and providing appropriate training for adults and young people in leadership positions.
· Planning and coordinating opportunities and faith-based events for young people, including retreats and pilgrimages.
· Coordinating and leading the Pope John Paul II, Muiredach Cross and other Faith Awards within the diocese.
· Assisting with the administration of youth ministry including contributing to the managing of expenses and budgeting for the development of the Strategic Plan.
· Collaborating and liaising with schools and other agencies.
· Creating and developing youth ministry resources.
· Working in close cooperation and consultation with other relevant diocesan staff, groups and bodies.
· Ensuring the utmost adherence to and compliance with the Archdiocese of Armagh Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
· Liaising and communicating effectively with parents and/or guardians of young people, particularly those who are vulnerable and/or under the age of 18.
· Being managed by and reporting regularly to the Archbishop of Armagh or his delegate, and reporting to and attending regular meetings of the Armagh Diocesan Youth Commission.
· Reviewing the role of the Youth Ministry Coordinator periodically as part of the diocesan strategy for the future vision of youth ministry in the diocese.
· The Job Description is a guide to the duties and responsibilities of the employee. Because the nature of the job requires flexibility and adaptability to change, the duties will vary from time to time. The Archdiocese of Armagh retains the right to require the employee to undertake duties within his/her capabilities which are not necessarily recorded in the Job Description. The Archdiocese of Armagh retains the right to require the employee to carry out his/her duties at such locations as are necessary.
The successful candidate must:
· Be committed to the Catholic ethos of the Archdiocese of Armagh and witness to Jesus Christ and his Church.
· Hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline – eg. theology, education, pastoral studies, community youth work, etc.
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms, namely Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
· Have the ability to develop and produce differentiated social, digital and communication content in a faith-based setting.
· Possess the ability to use digital mediums to manage multiple projects and workflows associated with those projects.
· Have current knowledge of current legislation related to the use of social/digital media communications in a youth setting.
· Have experience in working with young people in an educational or pastoral setting.
· Be flexible and adaptable in their approach to the role which will involve regular travelling both inside and outside of Ireland including regular evening and weekend work.
· Be a self-confident, decisive, and motivational leader whose interpersonal skills invite participation and engagement through effective communication.
· Be a natural networker with influence, who builds and nurtures positive relationships with young people, volunteers, staff, parishioners, and clergy.
· Have a strong sense of personal initiative and excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Hold a full clean driving licence and have use of a car or appropriate alternative mode of suitable transport.
The following will be advantageous in fulfilling the role:
· Experience and competence in using graphic design program such as ‘Canva’, etc.
· Experience of using social media as means of successful promotion and marketing
· Ability in music ministry and leading others in music
The Archdiocese of Armagh reserves the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.
The Archdiocese of Armagh is an Equal Opportunities Employer.