Accord CLG Director
RSM Ireland are recruiting for a full time Director on behalf of our client, Accord CLG.
ACCORD Catholic Marriage Care Service CLG (Accord CLG) is a well known, respected and experienced agency that has in excess of 50 years’ experience working with couples and individuals supporting them in their Marriages and Relationships.
As the Accord CLG Director you will undertake a senior executive leadership role. The Board delegates responsibility for the management and day to day operations of Accord CLG to this role (in conjunction with the wider management team). You will have the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board.
In fulfilling these responsibilities you will report directly to the Chairperson of the Board or any other member as designated by the Chairperson. You will be required to prepare, on an annual basis, a business plan for approval by, and periodic reporting to, the Board.
You will also be central to promoting collaboration with the other Accord companies on the Island of Ireland.
The role will be based in the Columba Centre, Maynooth, Co. Kildare (subject to prevailing public health guidelines).
The related responsibilities of the post are envisaged across the following key areas and are indicative of the initial duties of the post which are likely to evolve and change to meet the needs of the business into the future:
Leadership and Management
- Cascade the vision and values throughout the Accord CLG
- Promote cross-company collaboration across three Accord companies through existing channels (Accord Liaison Committee) whilst identifying new opportunities
- Provide leadership and support to members of the management team
- Embed and enhance the effectiveness of the management team and offer interventions for skills development
- Determine business priorities and ensure effective implementation through the management team
- Proactively identify opportunities, problems and challenges – formulating strategies to effectively deal with same
- Oversee the Board’s governance and due diligence processes within Accord CLG
- Develop and implement adequate internal controls to mitigate against fiscal, juridical and reputational risks
- Develop an annual business plan with associated action points and implementation timeframes. This plan to be presented to the Board for approval annually. You will report on progress periodically to the board.
- Liaising with external Auditors to prepare accounts and review of same.
- Leveraging external expertise and guidance on financial matters as and when required
- Organise, prepare and obtain agreement to the annual budget that supports the business plan
- Report to the Board actual performance against budget
- Overseeing financial record keeping and the financial viability of the organisation. recommend actions to maintain financial health in response to any variations from budget
- Contribute to discussions regarding plan and budget
- Identify mechanisms to enhance, increase or maintain funding within and across Accord CLG
- Ensure all regulatory and statutory reporting occurs
- Establish effective inter-company financial processes
- Establish effective mechanisms for financial reporting for Centres
- Identify areas of efficiency or improvement to existing financial procedures and systems with a view to implementing same
People and Operations
- Operate effective delegation within the organisation structure whilst maintaining overall accountability
- Develop a culture of high performance and accountability and adhere to best practice HR policies and procedures
- Implement and ensure completion of performance management process to align staff performance to overall business objectives
- Maintain appropriate succession planning mechanisms (e.g. skills registers, performance management) and take appropriate actions in line with same
- Develop an adaptable and flexible workforce able to respond to changing needs
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place to adhere to legislative requirements (e.g. GDPR, Child Safeguarding, Health and Safety etc)
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen, with proven ability to apply same to different working environments
- Demonstrable experience of implementing process and/or system improvements to reduce administrative efforts
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and developing management systems to complement robust governance and decision-making mechanisms at Board level
- Effective, proven leadership in a multi-disciplinary organisation in the charity/not-for-profit sectors at a senior level with clear accountability for delivering results
- Experience of successfully delivering at a senior executive level and the capacity to work effectively with the Board
- An ability to collaborate and work effectively with key stakeholders in statutory and voluntary sectors
- An interest in working in an environment where there is a requirement to understand deeply the structure, ethos and operating environment of a faith-based organisation
If you are interested in taking on a key leadership position and would like more information please reach out to Maria McCaffrey at email@example.com.
The current closing date for this role is 27th January 2021.