“Pope Francis, reminding us of the consistent teaching of the Church, describes abortion as a grave sin. As a compassionate pastor, however, he reminds priests that they are called to be ministers of God’s mercy. He also points out that we have not done enough to support pregnant women in desperate situations who see abortion as a quick solution.” – Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference ‘Day for Life’ Message, 1 Oct 2017.
“The gift of a new child, entrusted by the Lord to a father and a mother, begins with acceptance, continues with lifelong protection and has as its final goal the joy of eternal life. By serenely contemplating the ultimate fulfilment of each human person, parents will be even more aware of the precious gift entrusted to them. For God allows parents to choose the name by which he himself will call their child for all eternity.” – Pope Francis, Amoris Laetitia, 166.
The Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference has launched a new website http://www.chooselife2018.ie with resources and prayers that will guide the Catholic faithful and all people of goodwill to an appreciation for God-given human life in these times when the dignity of human life – especially the life of the unborn child in the womb – is under attack.
Newsletters and Other Resources:
- Newsletter Issue 7 (Mar 12th 2018)
- Newsletter Issue 6 (Mar 7th 2018)
- Newsletter Issue 5 (Feb 26th 2018)
- Newsletter Issue 4 (Feb 19th 2018)
- Newsletter Issue 3 (Feb 12th 2018)
- Newsletter Issue 2 (Feb 5th 2018)
- Newsletter Issue 1 (Jan 2018)
- Day for Life 2017 Message
- Bishop Kevin Doran, Pastoral Message on Unborn Human Life
- Paper Delivered By Bishop Kevin Doran at the Conference on Abortion, Disability and the Law
- Selection Quotations from Catholic Sources
- ‘Two Lives, One Love’ – submission to the Citizens’ Assembly by the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference
The following graphics are taken from the newsletters (link above has graphics in PDF, more legible, form)